Friday, June 27, 2008



Last week I spent close to four hundred dollars on clothes alone. Hummmmmm, why did I do that? Its something about looking the best I'm addicted to. I have items in my closet that still have tags on them. I have items I have only worn one time for one hour and haven't touched it since. I'm trying to wonder why I insist on spending hundreds of dollars on dresses and shoes as well as blouses and hand bags. Its a therapy for me to shop, or is it. I use to have a drinking problem. Plainly put, I'd drink everyday to make some of the pains in my life go away. And when I finally faced that I was becoming or better yet, had became an alcoholic, I prayed to God to take the desire for Jack Daniels away. And He answered my prayers. However, now, instead of drinking I shop. And if you follow my next few sentences, you will be able to understand why. Simply put, I switched addictions. I shop to cover a past full of disappointment and pain. I shop to make myself feel better about the trails and tribulations I endure daily. I shop because I like the hateful looks females give me when I walk in the room with my nose to the sky because it lets me know I have them fooled. And I also shop because thats what me and my mom do well! I use to spend the same money I spend on my clothes at the ABC store in Montgomery, AL. While I am currently in no rush to change my current addiction, I do admit I have a problem. However, since I want to buy more when I shop, I work hard to make the money to support my addiction. Which means I work eight hours in a hell hole and I work another eight hours for Modern Age Media. All so at the end of the week I can spend another four hundred dollars on some more clothes. True enough I need to face my issues, but right now, I am where I want to be and giving up shopping is not what I want to do right now.
-DFitz
Write is Right

0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket