Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Thank You.... You


The new year came trucking in full force and I must say I am so excited about what the future holds. For Write is Right Entertainment and Modern Age Media, it is the "The Year of the Grind". Its time to take flight and soar to the top. I do not believe anything (with the exception of death) can stop me right now. Yet I really cannot start this New Year without reflecting back on the old year.

In my years on this earth I have been through a lot. I have shook hands with the devil and high fived Jesus. I have slept in the gutter and made a bed on mountain tops. Ups and downs. The story of my life. Yet the most recent event that was meant to break me, actually is the the one event in my life that empowered me.

I fell in love with a good man. He was my sunshine, my drive to exist. He was my laugh, my smile, my heart, and soon he became my pulse. So one could only imagine the extent of pain I felt when my whole reason for being said he didn't want me anymore. When we were together, it was like I lived in an alternate universe. He made me happy. So when I received the news over the telephone that he did not want to be with me, my heart dropped to my feet. It was as if my life was sucked out of me. How was I to function without him?

I was kicked out the alternate universe and I sat alone and hurt in the real world. Days went by where I didn't eat, I didn't get out of bed. I tried my damnest to get him back and the only response I got was "You are crazy". Heart break is a bitch and I had to divorce her.

Slowly I recovered from my extreme heartbreak and I began to see the real world around me. Before I met this young man, I was on my way up. I wanted to take him with me, but somewhere down the line I lost focus. I put so much energy into keeping him happy, I lost track of what I was suppose to do for myself. He got more attention than God.

I moved away from from him and that whole environment and as soon as I got to my new state (physically and mentally) I saw a big clear picture of how my life was suppose to be. So what did I learn?

First of all, I am not bitter. I am thankful. I am thankful for the opportunity to experience true love because I had never had that chance. I am thankful he choose to break up with me because now I am prospering the way God wants me to. I have an unbelievable relationship with God that I wish I had a long time ago. I have a drive out of this world. And, AND I am happy with making me happy.

I have a testimony out of this world. That breakup happened at the end of 2006 enough time for me to get my self together for 2007. So the whole experience deserves a thank you. A very appreciative woman I am. I have grown so much that I have to pat my self on the back.

So as I enter into 2007, I am ready! I am ready for it all. This is the "Year of the Grind" and I am grinding. I'm sure Satan meant for that breakup to break me because he knows whats in store for me, but I'm still here. I am still going.

So to my folks, "Watch out for me". To my Write is Right Entertainment and Modern Age Media family, "Let's get it!" And to my last love, "Thank You...You"

0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket