Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fueling My Drive


I truly believe that upon birth we are given a full tank of gas to fuel our drive for life. The good thing about this is that we can keep that full tank in reserve and just ride off our parents' drive for living and be okay. Meanwhile, we sit in the back seat, learning the ins and outs of surviving-what roads we should travel, what roads are not good. We are introduced to scenic routes and shown the long way. And every now and then, we see our parents drive level pushing empty and watch them take pit stops to refuel and keep going.
Then comes that merry day that you reach exit 18 and your parents stop the car and let you out. They explain to you that now you have to use your own drive and live off your own ambitions. You get a kiss on the for head, a pat on the back, and a number to reach them in case you break down. Next thing you know, they are yelling "So long sucker! Good luck", and they speed away.
Now you sitting in your own car scared to move, but somewhere you find the energy to turn the ignition and go. Now you have to use that full tank of gas given to you at birth. The drive starts off a little bumpy, but you soon get the hang of things, "Living is not so bad." But then you start to feel it. Your drive starts slowing and you are noticing that that once full tank of gas is very low and you could stop any minute. You become frustrated seeing others pass you on the highway and all you want is to get that feeling back that you had when you first started. You look up and you haven't even passed exit 20.
2006 has been a year of growth for me. My fuel level for my drive fluctuated so many times. I finally learned this year how to fuel up and keep going. See, I thought that everyone went to the same gas station. But just like a physical car, every type of gas does not work in every type of car. For a while, I'd mock people and did what they did to refuel, hoping that would make me happy. And for so long I watch the hand on my tank drop lower and lower to empty.
Finally, after so long I realize my fuel cometh from the Lord. That's what works for me. Personally, I believe it could work for everyone, but that's what keeps me going. See, I learned not to just stop when I'm low on gas, I get weekly maintenance check ups, body work done, tires rotated, everything. I'm happy , I am just as happy to say at the end of 2006, I I have peace in my soul. I made it. I learned from all my mistakes, I maintained, and I'm here. I feel good. I look around and see I'm not in the same place I was this time last year, which meant I moved on and moved closer to my destination... success.
Now apply this to your life. What does it take to keep you going? I invite you to try the same Living God that keeps me going. I read that he works in all type of cars. Try Him if you haven't already.
I was just telling my father how at peace I am right now with how my life is playing out. I have a full tank of gas, and I am going full speed on the highway. I'm not worried about other cars, I'm not worried about whats around me. I have tunnel vision now and all I can see is the land of success. Figure out what it is that fuels your drive and get like me....
DFitz
Write is Right

0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket