Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I asked him how long will it take for him to trust me
I told him that I was becoming weak and the bruces on my knuckles were starting to bleed
It was starting to hurt trying to bang down the wall around his heart
He told me that I knew what I signed up for and if I wanted to quit, it wouldn't hurt him at all
So not only did I have bleeding knuckles, but I could feel my devotion tear into pieces
For so long I stood in front of his life undressed, nude so he could see I wasn't hiding anything
Anything he asked I answered, any requested I filled it, all for him
I declared that I loved him and left myself open, anything could have killed me
But it was a chance that I took, I just wanted him to see that if no one wanted his love...I did
He didn't know that I sold my pride for three years worth of strength
He wasn't aware that I traded my happiness for more time with him
No, I never told him, he didn't know about the other men that had seen me open and offered their hands to me
And he wasn't aware of all that I had lost just to break through to him
Other girls threw rocks at me, calling me stupid and dumb
They said he wasn't worth it, and at this time, I was starting to believe it
So I said to him, weary from being worn down by time
If I can't come into your life right now, I'm leaving!
And from behind the wall around his heart I could see him waving goodbye
The pain was just too much for me to handle, I was just too hurt
I thought to myself, what kind of person could be okay with not feeling
What kind of man wouldn't want the love of a real woman?
I just knew that I couldn't feel this way ever again...
So brick by brick I built the same wall around my heart that he had
Held together by dissspointment and tears, it stands strong now
And I am away from all those who have hurt me and those who will ever try
And from time to time I peek out and see a gentleman banging on my wall
I give him that hardy good luck and retreat back behind my comfort zone
Its safe here...safe and lonely...


0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket