Friday, May 2, 2008

I'm fooling myself

Its a museum my life, that life of mine

That life I find, so fake and unkind

I sit and rewind to find the place and time

When it corrupt my mind, when it shattered my spine

A dime, I try to be, its my mentality

My originality was suppose to serve as my reality

But my reality is really my fantasies

Everyday in the cool breeze you on top of me

You see, there I go again he is just my friend

Never neglects to defend the situation he's in

The competition is a trend, been happening since when

Since when, I first saw his face, I first shared his space

Now we walk at a pace, a bond that can't be erased

We try to hide it in case, someone tries to deface

Misplace, this whole situation and my infatuation

Is within every statement, his revelations

Of my emancipation and proclamations

Notations, in the back of my write but before my might

My reasons for my right, you are who I like

And maybe we just might...maybe we just might

Psych!, there I go again trying to pretend

That I can come in and take another's man

He is only my friend, recite that again

He is only my friend, he is only my stand

Gotta comprehend, he is not for me, not equipped for D

For he is to be a great human being

And me seeing that I am only for feeling

Its killing, better yet I'm revived the light in my life

Wants another as his wife so I deal with that strife

Quit operating on might, push on and fight

Right? So I lay in the arms of another, wishing for the other

Coveting trouble, realizing my struggle

Pep talks in the huddle, but late nights in the cuddle

Enjoying each other while my heart flutters

I utter, I'm only fooling my self, he wants someone else

And I'll be put on the shelf, and then pushed to the left

I'll be angry with self, should've went for the theft

I'm fooling myself!

I'm fooling myself!

I'm ruling myself!

Confusing myself!

For someone else.....

-DFitz

Write is Right

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the poem you wrote for Shelton???


By: Kevin T.

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket