Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Another day means another chance to make things right...


"This is the day, this is the day, that the Lord has made, that the Lord has made. I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it and be glad in it..." Most of us know this song. So imagine being in the "dead" of your sleep and busting through your door is a five foot 40 something year old lady. Only able to carry a tune in her back pocket, she comes in singing this song as loud as she can. In hand she holds a wooden spoon and a pot in which she uses for drums...or just to add more noise to the equation. She belows out the song and you wake angered that she's in your face with this racket. You hear what exactly she's saying and you can't help but grunt with a slight feeling of relief. I've made it to another day...God let me see another day.

In high school, my mother made it a point to wake before everyone in the house and make her way to each of her children's room with her spoon and pot and wake us all from sleeping. She always wanted us to make sure we thanked God for being able to see another day. When I went off to college, her routine wake up call/racket saved me many days.

No person is exempt from having problems. At some point in our lives, we experience trails and tribulations at different degrees. I look back over my life and think about all the things I been through. I think about being raped, beat, let down, talked about, left out, and just plain disrespected. Yet somehow, the mere fact that I had made it to see another day was enough to keep me going. My parents taught me from a young age to take everything thrown at me and never let it get me down.

This blog was thought about after hearing a story of a teenager committing suicide. His note mention the reason for his not wanting to live anymore was due to not being accepted at school. Guys, we have to do better. Life throws us all curve balls all the time. I know its hard to find sunshine in dark places, but its possible. Like I mentioned before, I found my sunshine in just knowing I am able to see another day.

Another day means another chance to make things right. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is never let problems become your pulse. If you give trails that much attention in your life, it will kill you every time. I am a walking example that you can make it. I have twenty three years on this earth and have enough experience to say trouble don't last always.

I'm not sure who's going through what, what's happening to who, but if you make it to see tomorrow, just know that its a sign that you will get through it. You will!

DFitz

Write is Right

0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket