Monday, December 11, 2006

Homosexuality Going too Far


My days can be somewhat stressful. I work eight hours for Vonage to come home and work another eight hours on my company, Write is Right Entertainment. Yet, I find a small peace in being able to turn on my television to my favorite network. I love A&E. I get to watch American Justice, Cold Case Files, Dog the Bounty Hunter, CSI Miami, First 48hours, and the list goes on and on. On Sunday I was enjoying a movie and a commercial came on about another movie that will be coming on next week. This movie is about a gay wedding planner rounding up his gay peers to go on strike and see how the city functions without hair dressers and florist, etc. That didn't move me, I just said, "I will not watch it." The thing that rattled my spirit was when the network displayed the A&E logo that I ever so much love, it was a rainbow.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I almost cussed!

What the @$%^ is going on with A&E! I love that channel. I really don't want to have to share it with "them". That was the one channel I could turn to and not have to watch two men kissing each other and now A&E has gay days......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I really have strong beliefs against homosexuality. I believe in Adam and Eve. I don't hate a gay person, I just hate the act of being sexually involved with the same sex. I can't understand it. I don't try to understand it. I really feel that every channel does not have to have a slot available for the gays. I am not a fan of seeing it on television. I feel like I felt the day the View announced Rosie O'Donnell was going to be on the show. I tried to stay with the View after she became one of the host, but she talks about her life style sooo much that I no longer find pleasure in watching the show. It makes me uncomfortable to hear about her and her wife/life partner/ other mommy....AHHHHHHHH Sometimes I wonder why she just can't be like Ellen. I can watch Ellen because Ellen does not broadcast her lifestyle on her show like Rosie does. Everyone, like myself, does not want to hear about her relationship.

But this blog is not about Rosie, its about our society falling apart. Everyone walking on egg shells trying to include "them" into our society as acceptable that they are forgetting that they are the minority. Now, I can't watch A&E anymore. I refuse to support a channel like that. I can't stand seeing the rainbow A&E logo, nor can I stomach watching the previews for the gay shows.....whats really going on?

DFitz
Write is Right

5 comments:

Yulacu said...

You say you have strong beliefs against homosexuality...That you can't understand it and that you don't try to understand it. How is it that you have strong beliefs about something that you don't understand? How can you have a strong belief if it's not an informed belief?

You talk about homosexuals and describe homosexuals as "them" suggesting that we aren't the same as "us." Homosexuals are humans too.

DFitz said...

Alpha,

As you can tell, I myself am an African American woman. Guess what I have been a "you people", and a "them" for all my life. Those terms are thrown at me simply because there is a difference in my skin color. I don't like how it sounds but I understand why its used. I am not the same as the person using that comment towards me, and guess what, homosexuals are not the same as me. So to me, homosexuals are a "them" and not a us because I am not apart of that party. I started using "them" really because I didn't feel like typing out homosexuals everytime I needed to use it. "Y'all" get offended too quick...face it, you all are and will forever be a "them"...in otherwords "outcast".

Yulacu said...

Dfitz,

I am an African-American heterosexual. I don't know why you assumed I was homosexual. Do you have to be a minority to care about the rights of minorities? You say you are not the same as the person using those comments towards African-Americans. How so? Whites are not the same as African-Americans, but referring to Blacks as "them" usually gets people up in arms. I don't think homosexuals are outcasts, nor do I think they'll always be perceived in the same way they are now. Fifty years ago, someone could easily get killed for being an open-homosexual. Now as you can tell by your boycott of A&E, there is greater exposure.

DFitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DFitz said...

Ok Ms. Alpha,
I apologize for thinking you was one of them, but by reading your comment one could only believe that you are indeed a homosexual. However, I am not going to back down from my beliefs, my Bible says its wrong and thats what I live by....or at least try my best. As for A&E, if you notice, the "gay days" did not go well with the regular viewers so those days are long gone. Back to regular programming.
-DFitz

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket