Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I have special powers, and every time I say that I hear a slight chuckle from an unbeliever
I have special powers, I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true
Science fiction would have you to think that special powers includes
Me being able to read your mind, or me being able to create fire balls
Perhaps me being able to see through or run through walls
I can't do any of that, but I can change your whole attitude as your eyes scan past each word I've written
When I pour all of me to a white canvas and display all my flaws I can comfort you without a physical connection
I can kiss your soul with a very descriptive adjective and I can rattle your nerves with a provoking statement
I have special powers!
I made him cry with a sentence from my last poem, it hurt to the point of tears
And I never touched him, a special power
I gave her a letter I wrote five years ago and it empowered her get up get out and do something
My mind and my words change lives, a special power
And everyday God reminds me now to not abuse this power for at any second it can be taken away
I challenged God eight years ago and wrote a poem he told me to never write
She killed her self after reading the best poem a eleventh grader could put together
Art I declared, but it was the knife in her heart
And while I found it hilarious and cool to make others laugh
She ran home and ingested 10 pills from her mothers medicine cabinet
The news made it back to me everything I thought I knew about my gift was confirmed
Special powers to provoke life and death
But God blocked it all, he took away my special powers for two years
I suffered night after night unable to write at all
I was powerless, I hated living, I was .... normal
It was at the end of my second year after being unable to create any work of art
I demanded God's presence in my life and I struck the deal of a lifetime
You give me back my powers and I'll use them in your name
We shook on it and every since that day, I have held my end of the bargain
So I have special powers whether you believe or not.
And if it is still funny to you, allow me to show you what I can do in the name of Jesus

0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket