Monday, March 10, 2008

I try to write as if its not me but my internal desires and my eternal fires seem to poke through and show themselves
I fiend for attention and all I do to get it is retreat into my own thoughts and hope someone sees me
Backwards is my front and the only way I can read any of your thoughts is through the mirrors reflections
I gather that if I could ever be normal then i would be that of famous so I'm told
But spot light shows flaws and I don't have enough make up to hide them all so I sit in my room...under a lamp
Enough light for those around me to see that I'm more than they but its not for all to know
We use to be in love and then he said he'd had enough of my weirdness so he took his bag and left
He said that he was going to find normal because I was too outside the box for him...he's lonely in my world
He told me that playing in the play grounds of my mind was too much of a hassle and he needed something easy
I simple replied that his place was never in my mind, but in my heart and I'm sorry if he got lost in my thoughts...I do it too sometimes
It never made him stay rather easier to go and I was back to the feeling I am so use to, that of being alone
The well of tears that use to pour through when I tried convincing my self to be like everyone else has dried
The only thing that makes my eyes water is the end of Hope Floats because I'm reminded that my life is fine just the way it is
What is suppose to happen to me has and what is to happen will come
And so what if I like peanut butter and ketchup sandwiches, it taste great
So I like sniffing new purses, the smell of fresh leather is amazing
I challenge you to be you and not conform to what society says that you should be
I became more than what I was labeled and took the title of CEO and have been full stride ever since
But I regret to inform you that I only travel as far as the rays from the lamp in my room
Only those close to me see my potential and comfort comes when I sniff leather while eating a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich
And one day when I am perfect, I will get out of the peanut butter and ketchup to the speed of my thoughts
I will acknowledge the reason i have so many strips on my back is from the same leather of pain I love to smell
It reminds me to be strong and to never let life beat me down
One day I will find he that enjoys the playground of my mind and doesn't feel alone rather at home in my thoughts
I accept that I am different have you?

0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket