Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Speech!

I took the stage to give my "You was right, I was wrong" speech
And in the audience sat yet again my biggest fan...him
And he sat front row with the "I'm the only one that will ever care" grin on his face
In his eyes was that "Stop trying to replace me" glare
I cleared my throat to try to make room for my pride
And no matter how hard I tried, there was just no room for it right now
"Mic Check-" I uttered into the crowd...or him, "Can you hear me?"
He shouted back at me, "I'm the only one here, I hear you just fine!"
I heard him chuckle, anticipating the speech he knew verbatim, so I began
"I stand before yet another day to say, I was wrong you was right
And even though you warned me several times, an expert of his kind, I ignored you
You knew his intentions, and strong with your suspensions, you told me to leave it alone
I couldn't, I wouldn't , so eager to find that one to call my own
And now I stand on my stage of self doubt and try my best to make sense of this
Another one bits the dust yet again, another good for nothing hurtful man
I'm not sure how many times it will take, how many more men will be a mistake
But this one thing is true, the only consistency in my life has been you...
So this speech is dedicated to the one man who has made it his mission to keep me smiling
You in the audience, thank you...for everything
And I can only hope that there will not be a repeat of this speech again
Trial and error is how I come to live my life hating to let opportunities pass by
And that's what I thought it was, I didn't listen to you because, I thought I was right
And as I conclude my speech, again I say thank you for being there for me
I love you..."
And he stood to his feet, not upset in the least, just excited I've come back by his side
I left the stage, to run into his open arms, how long I'll stay...that's hard to decide
-DFitz

0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket