Monday, March 10, 2008

Marry Me

My only prayer was that he see how much I loved him
The only tears that ever escaped his eyes was that of loneliness, pain, and fear
I tasted all three
I held his hand through those times when the only way he'd look at his reflection with through the glare in my eyes
I kissed his heart when she tried her best to crush it, I mended it back together with my prayers
And it was me who used my love as ointment to ease the pain of rejection, I never left his side
And then he calls me last week with the excitement in his voice she wants him back
And this time...Its for good! Married he says, they are to be wed and he'd like me at the court house
Three tears escaped my eyes and I tasted those too
With my heart on the floor, I dressed yesterday to again support his happiness
I stopped at BP to gas my trip to pure heart ache and disappointment
And then I arrived at my doom's day, the day I watch the love of my life marry his very destruction
So I walk through the doors every step harder and harder to take
I look for the signs to direct me to my internal hell and it is on the second floor
I proceed into the elevator shacking and nervous, not even sure why I came
The doors open to his smiling face, him dressed in the finest tux he could afford
He looked great and I smiled too to show my support
My lip trembled as he grabbed my hand excited, "This is it!"
If I had of spoke, I would've cried so all I did was smile harder
We walked through the large oak doors and there stood...his brother...his parents
My sisters, my parents and a judge...
He turned to me on one knee and said..."Marry Me!"

0 comments:

 


Only My Opinion Counts © 2008. Design by: Pocket